Saudi Authority for Intellectual Property aims to organize, support, sponsor, protect and promote intellectual property in the Kingdom in accordance with global best practices. It has the following tasks and competencies in order to achieve its objectives:
- Preparing the national strategy for intellectual property, following up on its implementation, after its adoption, and developing work plans and time programs in coordination and cooperation with the relevant authorities.
- Proposing rules and regulations relating to intellectual property rights.
- Registration of intellectual property rights, granting and enforcement of protection documents.
- Providing information of intellectual property rights and make them available to the public.
- Raising awareness of the importance of intellectual property and the protection of its rights.
- Representing the Kingdom in international and regional organizations related to intellectual property rights and defend its interests.
- To express an opinion on international agreements relating to intellectual property rights.
- Following up the implementation of the obligations resulting from the accession of the Kingdom to international conventions relating to intellectual property.
- Promoting the use of intellectual property to build an advanced economy based on knowledge.
- Establishing information bases in the field of the Authority’s work, and exchanging information with local, regional and international authorities.
- Licensing of related activities in the field of the authority’s work.
To be a globally respected, fully integrated IP authority, establish itself as the IP hub in MENA.
Our activities shall foster the competitiveness of the national economy, support the development of the Intellectual Property culture in Saudi Arabia as well as contribute to establishing SIPA as the IP hub for the MENA region.
- Being the owner of the national IP strategy.
- Developing IP laws and regulations.
- Providing products and services efficiently and with high quality.
- Raising awareness for the value of IP rights.
- Orchestrating the development of the IP ecosystem in the Kingdom.
- Providing IP information and supporting the utilization of IP.
- Collaborating closely with enforcement agencies to protect IP.
- Cooperating with IP organizations and promoting the Kingdom’s IP interests abroad.
- Administration of IP.
- IP service offering.
- Creation & commercialization of IP.
- Enforcement of IP.